An English word that generally implies the “act of fluttering (of wings)”, is nowadays a massively trending Technology.
So What is this new Technology which has taken the whole of Internet by Storm.
Well It is an UI Toolkit from Google, which allows developers using this technology to develop or build ‘N’ types of compiled native apps / applications which are “Beautiful” towards a target of any, such as web? Or Mobile? Or May be Desktop? Or All.
So What is this new technology called?
Well, You guessed it right, it's known as “Flutter”
As per their Official Site @ https://flutter.dev, it is described as “Quote Flutter is Google’s UI toolkit for building beautiful, natively compiled applications for mobile, web, and desktop from a single codebase. End Quote”.
Flutter is developed using combination of the languages : C++ & Dart.
The Major Components of this technology comprises of the Dart Platform, Flutter Engine, Foundation Library, Specific Design Widgets.
To understand why Flutter is currently the most in-demand cross-platform framework for development of Mobile Apps.
- One Rule – My Rule : You need an App. You need an App right now. Fine, but what should it do? Well the main difference between your app (or the one you develop for someone) are the specific requirements that do set aside your app from any that may (or may not ) be similar to yours. This is the main advantage of using Flutter over any of the other development tools currently in the flock. You can use your specific set of business rules (or logic) for your app without worrying over the specificities that are needed to be overseen when developing an application using native development methodology.
- UI Focus towards the User of the App: Since the most important part of any application with which any end-user will interact is the User Interface (UI). Using Flutter means that we can focus on enhancement of the end-user experience in-lieu of focusing on bits & pieces of UI Design associated with Native Development.
- Avoiding UI related bugs or breakdown of functionality: Most of the current cross-development tools (there are quite a few so currently) perform a form of translation of the UI developed / designed by the app developer / designer. So this translation means atleast a minor of differences in how the application UI looks (and feel) , not to mention that in several cases there is also difference in the experience of specified functionality.
- Live Feedback : Well Flutter does come with “hot reload” feature which enables the developer to immediately gauge the changes done by the developer in realtime. This is a must needed feature for which flutter provide built-in support from it’s core. This feature basically ensures that development part of application development proceeds in line with the design part of the application and that the same is done.
- Controls are Now more than just simple controls: In Older development technologies developers used specific controls ( either already existing or custom built | tailored ) to implement the design of the application. However with Inspiration from “React”, flutter provides for “Widgets” with a Modern Design Framework. This “Widgets” are more than just standard controls, they are , well Widgets for various functionalities with generalized look, feel, some immediately usable, others with requiring customizations, that is a large ready to use library of Widgets designed to .
- And Much More.....
- Bottom line is You App in Flutter makes the hearts of the its user also Flutter.
admin | 06-Mar-2020